3.06.2007

Citius, Altius, Fortius

Chicago's courtship of the US Olympic committee is in full swing. They really want the games here in 2016, and I think that's a great idea. The only other US contender is LA, and they had the games in 1984 and 1932. Give someone else a chance, LA. Plus, the plans for the games here are really cool. You can see them at www.chicago2016.org. Most of the games would take place on the South Side, and the area could use the attention.
I'm sure I won't be around Chicago in 2016, but I think it would be cool to bring my kids and show them around my old neighborhood, have crazy Chicago pizza and hot dogs (and my future kids will likely take off the pickle and eat it seperately, like their old man), and take in the city's revitalization.
So yeah. Members of the olympic committee who regularly read my blog: How about hook that up?

No comments: